Inti Raymi Tour full Day
Inti Raymi Tour
All Inclusive Trip
Orange seat At Sacsayhuaman
Seat At Koricancha
Experience the INTI RAYMI TOUR FULL DAY in the city of Cusco – Peru, where you’ll learn about the Culture, history and tradition of the Incas!…
Inti Raymi Tour is a trip where you’ll participate from the most important Inca festival in the city of Cusco in Peru; it is celebrated on the 24th of June just after the winter solstice. During this festival the locals pray to the god “SUN” because is celebrated the beginning of the New Year; the fest also is symbolize the commencement of the new agricultural season. It is celebrated with utmost joy throughout the country. Similar to many other festivals in Peru, this festival also symbolizes the victory of good over evil.
The Inty Raymi Tour full Day is visited by hundreds of tourist from all over the world. The Festival is of great social, cultural and religious importance. It has been much helpful in keeping the people of diverse culture and nature united together. As a very important occasion of socialization, this festival also gives people an opportunity to relax.
- If you are planning to take a tour to this gorgeous and enigmatic country; we offer the best festival tour packages at amazing and unbelievable prices. If you also want to enjoy the beauty of Peru’s festival, then we are here with the best tour packages. We are glad to include in the tour the “orange Zone”; there are also others like: green and blue zones which are less expensive but NOT recommendable from our perspective.
Please Note: It is important to reserve in advance due to the spaces are limited.
Departures of Inty Raymi Tour, are guaranteed, so once you’ve booked you can be sure you’re going! This guarantee gives you the confidence to book all of your travel arrangements and simply look forward to your holiday.
All About Inti Raymi Tour
At a glance:
- TIMING: 8 Hours aprox.
- STARTING POINT: Cusco Hotel.
- ENDING POINT: Cusco Hotel.
- DEPARTURE DATES: 24th of June 2023
- TYPE OF TOUR: Cultural and History.
- Explore the city of Cusco
- Experince the Inti Raymi celebration in the temple of the sun of the Incas – Koricancha.
- See the second scene of the Inti Raymi in the main square.
- Lear about the history of the Incas from your Guide.
- Experience the mains scene of the Inti Raymi performed at Sacsayhuaman.
Shrot itineray for Inti Raymi Tour Full Day
- 08:30 – 09:00 Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Koricancha.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Part 1 of the Inti Raymi celebration in Koricancha.
- 09:30 – 10:00 Transfer from the Koricancha to the Plaza de Armas.
- 10:30 – 11:30 Part 2 of the Inti Raymi celebration in the Plaza de Armas.
- 12:30 – 13:00 Transfer by bus from the main square to Sacsayhuaman.
- 13:30 – 15.30 Part 3 of the Inti Raymi celebration in Sacsayhuaman: Central part in which we will appreciate the rituals and sacrifice of the Flame.
- 15:30 – 16:00 Transfer by bus from Sacsayhuaman to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
Places to be visited
INQUIRY THIS TOUR NOW
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Recommendations After Inti Raymi Tour:
After the tour, take a walk through the Plaza de Armas and its surroundings where you can appreciate the work of the Cusco artisans in the craft shops, you can also taste the famous Peruvian cuisine in the nearby restaurants or you can simply take a break in one of the benches of the Plaza de Armas and then take the classic photo to remember in a warm atmosphere despite the cold of the Cusco nights. And if you like the night around the square you will find many clubs and bars full of tourists and locals hoping to have fun.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE INTI RAYMI TICKETS?
The Inti Raymi (The festival of the Sun) is one of the top tourist attractions when visiting Cusco, Peru during the last week of June. Since the festival is only one day per year, on June 24th, and tickets are limited, most travelers want to secure their tickets well in advance. However, buying Inti Raymi tickets online is confusing to many travelers.
The Inca Festival of Inti Raymi was established by the ninth Inca named “Tupac Inca Yupanki” but was change his name as the “Inca Pachacutec”, who was one of the greatest conquerors in the empire. Pachacutec took the small kingdom centered on Cusco and built it into a massive empire that stretched across the Andes.
His kingdom was from 1438 to 1471 and during this time he celebrate his accomplishments and solidify his position as the son of Inti (Sun), he threw the first Inti Raymi celebration alongside his wife, who symbolized the legendary Mama Ocllo. To appreciate the Inti raymi at better way is important the following tips:
- GET THERE EARLY: Locals show up hours in advance at Santo Domingo Church, the Plaza de Armas, and Sacsayhuaman to secure an optimal place for viewing the procession.
- Travelers also have the option of buying tickets to sit in the viewing stands at Sacsayhuaman (through the government agency EMUFEC or through a travel Agency)
- Careful for pickpockets! The streets get crowded in Cusco for Inti Raymi. Guard your electronics, leave nothing in your pockets, and if you have a small backpack we recommend you keep a watchful eye on it.
- Weather and what to wear: Although Cusco weather is unpredictable, late June days are usually sunny and it’s important to be equipped with sun protection (sunscreen, hat, light long sleeve shirt) and to keep hydrated in order to avoid the worst effects of a hot day at altitude.
- Book in advance everything you can: June is the high season for Cusco and you can expect accommodations, train tickets to Machu Picchu and treks to fill up early and fast. Some Cusco hotels charge higher rates for Inti Raymi; speak to your travel advisor for the latest information.
The Inti Raymi or the Sun’s festival was the most important religious festival in the time of the Incas celebrated every shortest day of the year, with occasion of the beginning of the Agricultural Year. The festival is performed in the city of Cusco with the presence of important authorities and people from different parts of the «Tawantinsuyu» or the land of the Incas. During the Inti raymi there are hundreds of participants wearing traditional attire, Singing and dancing the traditional Inca music. During the Inti raymi there are hundreds of participants wearing traditional attire, Singing and dancing the traditional Inca music.
After the Spanish conquest in 1532, the Catholic Church suppressed the ceremony and the Andean society that used to celebrate this festivity to the sun which was dismembered; since that the celebration of the Catholic Saint San James. The Inti Raymi was forgotten then, until half of the XX century when, as expression of a great movement of revaluation of the native culture in Peru, was returned to the scene.
you need to know fyIn 1944 a group of intellectuals and artists from Cusco headed by Cusco Historian “Humberto Vidal Unda” decided to recover the Inti Raymi of the History and to present it as a show of theatrical type, dedicated to the whole population of Cusco; From then on, it has been represented every year, getting rich and evolving for the historical investigation.
The INTI RAYMI festival is celebrated on June 24th of each year, the solemn evocation of the splendid Inca ritual takes place in the Inca fortress of «Sacsayhuaman» located at 3 km from the city of Cusco; with a renewed script and prepared by distinguished specialists in the field.
During the Inca times, one night before the INTI RAYMI festival the fires were extinguished in all the extension of the enormous Inca Empire (the Tahuantisuyo); and in the great place Huacaypata (today Place of Weapons) all the most brilliant personages of the empire were concentrated. Among the shadows, the crowd awaited the appearance of the god “Inti” (sun) with great respect.
Generals, princes, and all the nobility waited in profound silence; many of them disguised as creatures and other animals of Andean mythology. When the sun appeared, they expressed their recognition of having him and adore him as a supreme, single and universal god, who with his light and virtue created and sustained all things on earth, thanking him for the harvests received during the year.
The sceneries for the Inti Raymi Tour Full Day are three As we are described below:
1.- The first part of the Inti Raymi is performed in the “QORIKANCHA” or the temple of the Sun of the Incas; it is located at two blocks from the main square. The “Qoricancha” in the time of the Incas was totally covered with gold and silver; it was built by the Inca Pachacutec in the 1436. The Inti Raymi begins here at 09:00 a.m when the musicians and dancer starts to play the special Inca music; here the ceremony last for 45 minutes.
2.- The second part of the Inti Raymi takes place in the “Plaza de Armas” known as the “HAUQAYPATA” or the main square. The main square was most important site for the Incas and it was surrounded by very important buildings among them temples and palaces, one still can see nowadays some remains of that construction. Here the ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m and ends at 12:00a.m.
The most important part of the Inti Raymi Tour full day:
3.- The third and the most important setting are at “SAQSAYWAMAN” which is located at 3 km from the city of Cusco at an altitude of 3,560 masl. Here the celebration of Inti Raymi is divided in five acts. First of all, The Inca speaks in “Quechua” with Father Sun; then continues with the ceremony of the Coca a sacred leaf that people brought from the jungle; after that is performed the ceremony of the “Chicha” a sacred drink prepared of dry corn by the chosen women or the most beautiful girls of the Inca Empire; the “Chicha” contains an approximately 4% of natural alcohol.
The next ceremony is the ceremony of the fire; it’s said that three days before the Inti Inti Raymi everybody in the empire extinguished the fire until they get the new fire from the Inti Raymi ceremony and it has to be carried through the Inca Empire. The last act of the Inti raymi was the blood ceremony; for this the Incas performed a Black Llama sacrifices. During this sacrifice the high priest could predict the future for the agriculture and the life; the ceremony begins in Saqsaywaman 01:30 pm and it last for one hour and half.
- Ceremonial Introduction
- Report the army from the four regions: Qollasuyu, Kuntisuyu, Antisuyu and Chinchaysuyu.
- Ritual of the sacred “Chicha” a corn drink made by the chosen women (the most beautiful girls of the Empire)
- Ritual of the Holy Fire.
- Sacrifice of the llama (Andean cameloid) and auguries.
- Rite of the “Sankhu” (holy bread)
- “Q’ochurikuy” ( Dances and music from all Peru )
- The price of the tour does not include flights. You must buy your flight ticket.So, you’ll need to arrive to Cusco for the tour.
- The Confirmation for Inti Raymi Tour Full Day, will be received when the tour booking is made.
Passport name, number, date of birth, gender and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- Valid passport required on day of travel. (Expiration dates older than 6 months are valid).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Not wheelchair accessible
Child seats or chairs available
- Most travelers can participate in the experience.
- Airport pickup and drop-off will be provided by arrangement with your flight information.
- There will be a maximum of 12 travelers on the tour or activity Operated by: SPT Travel & Tours.
If our scheduled departure dates don’t work for you, or you would prefer not to travel with a group, then we can also run this tour privately for you. Please contact us for more information and prices.
Private vehicles are used for all sightseeing tours and most of the journeys throughout the tour. A variety of transport including vans and bus is used.
We are committed to being a small group operator, as we feel this gives everyone in the group the best chance to get to know their fellow travellers and to hear and make the most of their guide. There’s no point in us providing great guides if you’ve got to peer over 30-40 shoulders to see them! So, we won’t ever put you in a 50-seater coach with 49 other people and just one guide. Instead, we set this Inti Raymi Tour Full Day group departure to have a maximum of 16 travellers. Average group sizes are around 12 people, lower during the low season (December- March.
Fully trained English-speaking Local guides are provided for Inti Raymi Tour Full Day and many of our travellers consider them a highlight of their tour. We also provide a fully trained English-speaking guide for any sightseeing tours.
It is important when considering and preparing to travel anywhere in the world that you have a good understanding of the country you are visiting, its laws and customs, and the possible risks and situations that may occur. This includes specific risks related to your itinerary (eg. does it involve water & can you swim, are you fit enough for the activities included), as well as more general risks such as natural disasters.
General details and links to more information about health risks, visa requirements, money, and travel insurance are given in these tour notes. We recommend that you re-read all these before your departure as well as the small print of your travel insurance policy so you know exactly what is covered and what is not.
You should take copies of your important travel documents with you and ideally also store them online securely as a backup. Make sure that you have given us your emergency contact details and told that person where and when you are travelling. Ensure you take enough money with you and that you have access to emergency funds.
While an accepted part of the culture and customs in Peru, tipping is always optional, and any amounts paid should reflect excellent service.
It is normal and accepted for people to tip differently, and you should not feel under any pressure to tip any particular amount. We are often asked for advice on common amounts however, and suggest that you consider around US$ 5-10 per person per day for guides, US$ 3-7 p/p/day for assistant guides or tour leaders, and US$ 2-5 p/p/day for porters and drivers.
Inti Raymi Tour Full Day experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel it or request a modification, the amount paid will not be refunded. More information see at term & Condition.
Inti Raymi Day Tour Video
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
The Inti Raymi festival is the most important Inca region festival celebrated in the shortest day of the year in the southern hemisphere
The Inti Raymi is celebrated every 24th of June in the city of Cusco in Peru; in the month of June in Cusco we are in the high tourist season, therefore is important to reserve your hotels and tours in advance
The costs of the entrance for the Inti Raymi are different; in the Sacsaywaman stage you’ll find three zones which are identified by colors: the orange, Blue and green. “Sunrise Peru Trek” includes the entrances to the orange zone which are the best place from where you can observe the Celebration of the Inti Raymi. The tickets normally are bought several weeks in advance because the seats are limited
It is simple with us. You may get details of well-designed tour packages in our digital brochure. If want a particular tailor made tour, let us know your requirements and we can help you designing your trip keeping in mind your specifications and budget.
If you are interested in booking any of our tours, you may, you may simply send us an email giving us your details.
To reserve the Inca festival of Inti Raymi is very important the personal details (Name, passport umber, Hotel In the city of Cusco, etc.) and also you need indicated the preference color of the stage (Blue, green or orange); we normally recommended the orange zone because is closer to the main altar where is performed the ceremony.
Is highly recommended to reserve in advance, since the spaces are limited and for this festival arrive to Cusco many tourists from Peru and also from different part of the world. The festival of the Inti Raymi is performed only on the 24th of June in the city of Cusco.